When exploring bathroom partitions, it can be easy to feel overwhelmed by the different types available to you. Depending on whether you’re a small business or a massive amusement park, different materials, sizes, and shapes will work best for you.
Luckily, Toilet Partitions has extensive experience designing a variety of extremely durable bathroom partitions. Find out which type of bathroom stall works best for you using our toilet partition pricing tool, and examining the partitions laid out in this blog:
Toilet Partition Details Matter
From picking the right materials to choosing a style and size suited to your business, the details of your chosen bathroom partitions matter. Before we dive into all of the different toilet partition types.
Some materials and styles might be more durable, while others are easier to clean in high-traffic areas. Affordability is also a factor, as you might have to weigh the tradeoffs of upfront costs vs. long-term investment.
Overall, choosing a bathroom partition that fits your functional and aesthetic needs requires you to analyze the details of each partition type.
Bathroom Partition Types By Mounting Styles
While the material you choose is the primary characteristic that impacts your bathroom partition walls, it’s also important to note the various mounting styles. Here are the four most common choices:
- Overhead-braced mounting: This is the most popular mounting style due to its sturdiness and easy installation. It’s also a highly affordable option.
- Floor-anchored mounting: If your restroom has a low ceiling, this style is ideal for providing structure without sacrificing space. Perfect for small restaurants and shops.
- Floor-to-ceiling mounting: This is the strongest mounting style option for ceilings that are eight feet or less. This option ensures maximum stability.
- Ceiling-hung mounting: This is a more expensive option, but can be worth the cost if you want easier maintenance for high-traffic areas.
Bathroom Partition Types By Material
When looking through different toilet partition types, there are five common materials you come across. Each material type will have different price points, colors, and warranties. Here are the materials outlined:
- Entry Level Pricing
- 15 Colors to Choose From
- Delivered in 3-6 Business Days
- Durable and Repairable
- 3 Year Warranty
Powder-coated steel partitions are the most common and economical option. Made from honeycomb cardboard core wrapped in powder-coated steel, these partitions are lightweight, while still offering protection and durability.
Many advantages come with powder-coated steel, including durable color and anti-rust features. Plus, the panels have a nice high-quality finish while still being the most economical choice.
- Commercial Restrooms: Cost-effective, durable, and clean
- Educational Institutions: Resistant to wear and tear in low-traffic areas like schools and libraries.
- Churches and Museums: Lightweight and affordable installation for delicate spaces.
- Prone to corrosion in high-moisture environments. Not ideal for gyms and humid areas.
- Budget Level Pricing
- 33 Colors to Choose From
- Delivered in 3-6 Business Days
- Versatile and Durable
- 2 Year Warranty
Plastic laminate partitions are created by adhering a thin layer of laminate to a particle board substrate. The sheets of laminate act as a durable outer barrier, while the particle board is a lightweight in inexpensive core. Though this manufacturing process has a slightly higher cost per panel than powder-coated steel partitions, these bathroom stalls are still highly affordable for most businesses.
This type of partition is also incredibly customizable. There are plenty of color choices including wood grain, marble, granite, and solid patterns. However, do keep in mind that excess humidity can damage the laminate and lead to a short lifespan. Therefore, you should always consider your location and whether or not your bathroom will have showers before you choose plastic laminate.
- Commercial Bathroom: Cost-effective with a variety of design options.
- Restaurants and Cafeterias : Colors and designs to match any dining aesthetic for an affordable price.
- Retail Establishments: Versatile design options for an on-brand look.
- Susceptible to water damage if exposed to excessive moisture. Not ideal for public restrooms with showers.
- Mid Level Pricing
- 14 Colors to Choose From
- Delivered in 5-10 Business Days
- Built to Last & Easy to Maintain
- 25 Year Warranty
Solid plastic bathroom partitions are crafted using a full one-inch thick panel of synthetic polymer, otherwise known as high-density polyethylene. This material makes them highly durable, scratch-resistant, and resilient.
While this option is more costly than the previous two, you can expect your installation to last multiple decades. On top of that, the solid plastic material can withstand any type of environment, from wet and hot to dry and cold. This is because, unlike other options, the waterproof plastic prevents mold and mildew in humid climates.
- Educational Institutions: Great for schools with vandalism issues, being resistant to impact, moisture, and graffiti.
- Fitness Centers and Gyms: Handles humidity and heavy use without absorbing odors.
- Amusement parks: Durable in demanding environments and high-traffic areas.
- Higher initial cost but better long-term durability.
- Higher End Pricing
- 18 Color Options Choose From
- Delivered in 5-10 Business Bays
- Virtually Indestructible
- 25 Year Warranty
These partitions, otherwise known as phenolic bathroom partitions, are extremely strong and lightweight. This is achieved through many layers of resin-infused kraft paper undergoing a tremendous amount of pressure. The result is solid phenolic material.
The primary advantage of choosing phenolic core is its incredibly long lifespan. These last longer than any other option on this list, and hold up in wet environments. This property makes them easy to clean and suitable for many harsher conditions. Plus, the panels can ward off corrosion and bacteria.
Due to their long lifespan and effectiveness, phenolic partitions are one of the most expensive bathroom partition materials you can buy. However, they will eventually pay for themselves and they can stand in in high-traffic environment like an amusement park.
- Dorms and Gyms: Resistant to water, impact, and vandalism.
- High-End Retail: Modern appearance with robust features.
- Industrial Facilities: Can withstand industrial chemicals, harsh conditions, and heavy use.
- Higher initial cost, but considerable durability that justifies the investment.
- Higher End Pricing
- Satin #4 Finish
- Delivered in 3-6 Business days
- Elegant and Easy to Clean
- 5 Year Warranty
If your public restroom requires easy cleaning and a luxurious look, stainless steel bathroom partitions are a solid construction choice. These low-maintenance bathroom partitions are made out of mostly recycled materials, and come in a variety of patterns and textures.
They do cost more than other options, but their rigid and waterproof nature means they can last a long time when taken care of. Besides having aesthetic appeal, one of the top benefits of stainless steel is its durability in almost any condition.
- High-End Establishments: Sleek, modern appearance to match any high-end retail or 5-star restaurant.
- Healthcare Facilities: Resistant to corrosion and bacteria while being easy to clean.
- Transportation Hubs: Endures heavy traffic and wear.
- Higher price point but offers durability and a premium aesthetic
Types of Bathroom Partitions Summarized
For an at-a-glance summary of the differences between various bathroom partitions, we’ve provided a useful outline:
Dependent on Maintenance:
Wide Variety of Color and Design Options:
Regular Cleaning Required:
More Affordable Option:
More Expensive Option:
Shop Different Types of Toilet Partitions Today
If you want to explore different toilet partition materials, look no further than Toilet Partitions. All of our options have stellar reviews, allowing you to peruse several different partition styles.
From solid plastic to stainless steel partitions, we can ship anything for free directly to your location. Plus, with an easy quoting process, you’ll save time when you choose to install our partitions.
So, if you’re interested in updating your old partitions, or installing new ones, you can get started on our website, or contact us at (833) 759-0176. Our entire team at ToiletPartitions.com is here to help you and ensure quality customer service, whether you have one bathroom or 500.